2nd AIGE/IIETA International Conference and 11th AIGE 2017 Conference on "Energy Management, Recovery, Saving, Storage and Renewable Systems"
The 2nd AIGE/IIETA International Conference and 11th AIGE 2017 Conference and the on "Energy Conversion, Management, Recovery, Saving, Storage and Renewable Systems" is organized under the joint auspices of the AIGE and IIETA with the aim of providing technical information to their members and to the scientific and industrial community at large.
The joint Conferences will give the opportunity to discuss the state of the art and to present experimental, analytical and numerical results in Energy Conversion Systems, Energy Management, Energy Recovery Systems, Energy Saving Techniques, Energy Storage and Advanced Systems with a particular attention to the engineering, environmental and economic aspects. The following list of topics is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather to indicate topics that fall within the aim of the conference.
- Energy Conversion and Management
- Energy Planning and Policy
- Power Systems and Networks
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Renewables and Nuclear Energy Sources
The Conference will be held at University of Genoa, Italy, in the framework of the Polytechnic School, at the Department of Architecture, Aula Benvenuto, Stradone S. Agostino, 37 – (I)16123 GENOA.
Genoa is one of the more ancient Italian settlements, dating from the 6th and 5th centuries BC, going through the Roman age and birth city of outstanding pioneers such as Cristoforo Colombo (navigator and explorer, 1451-1506) or Nicolò Paganini (violinist, guitarist, and composer, 1782 – 1840) . Nowadays it is the 5th largest Italian city and capital of the Liguria region.
Genoa is located in the north-west part of Italy, and is connected to Rome by train (in about four hours), Milan (two hours) and by plane to many European cities. Spring is the ideal season to visit the city thanks to its mild temperature (22 to 26 °C, 72 to 79 °F).
Genoa (in Italian, Genova) is a historical port city having a long history as a rich and powerful trade centre. However, with its multitude of hidden gems behind cozy alleyways, excellent cuisine (notably fish and seafood), renovated old port, beautiful sights (including one of Europe's biggest aquariums and most ancient historical old-town centers), represents an enticing place which is gradually becoming more included in the touristic market. With pastel-colored terracotta-roofed houses, artistic churches, lovely seaside villas, and also several luxurious boutiques, the city is worth to be visited and a good base to explore the Italian Riviera and world famous places like Portofino and the Cinque Terre.
The topics of the conference include but are not limited to:
Analysis and optimization of energy processes - Cogeneration and combined heat, power and refrigeration - Combustion improvements and combustion of new fuels - Industrial and domestic use of energy - Energy conversion and storage – Energy Efficiency in Buildings – Improvement of Indoor Air Quality – Energy Storage – Energy Savings in Transportations – Power Plants and Equipment – Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning – Low Enthalpy Energy Sources – Energy Harvesting
Economic and Policy Issues - Energy Analysis - Energy Planning and Energy Management - Energy supply security - Environmental, Social and Economic Impacts of Energy Policies and Usage - Overview of the Global and Regional Energy Scene - Problems of Modeling and Forecasting - Integrated Energy Systems - Optimal Use of Energy Resources - Energy and Environmental Regulation
Electricity Supply and Demand – Transmission – Distribution – Network Operation – Data Monitoring and Control Systems – Power Grids – District Heating and Cooling – Natural Gas Supply – Power Plants Automation and Control - Power System Metering - Smart Transmission Grids
Heat Exchangers – Conduction, Convection and Radiation Heat Transfer - Heat Transfer in Fission and Fusion Nuclear Facilities – Exergy Analysis - Entropy Generation Minimization – Heat and Mass Transfer Processes – Thermodynamic Modelling and Optimization – Computational Fluid Dynamics
Biomass and Bioenergy - Geothermal Energy Systems - Sustainable Energy Systems - Wind Energy - Solar Thermal and Photovoltaic – Concentrating Solar Power – Waves Energy - Nuclear Systems – Hydro Power – Hydrogen Production Technology - Fuel Cells – Tide and Ocean Energy.
- Energy Conversion and Management:
- Energy Planning and Policy:
- Power Systems and Networks:
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer:
- Renewables and Nuclear Energy Sources:
- New Abstracts submission deadline
20 January 201720 February 2017
- Notification of acceptance until: 28 February, 2017
Please note that the paper submission deadline is unchanged (31 March 2017)
- Final papers submission deadline: 31 March 2017 – Final acceptance 28 April 2017
- Early registration deadline: 15 May 2017, full fee 350 € (student fee 220 €), after this data the full fee is 400 € (student fee 250 €). Guest fee 100 €. The full fee includes Gala dinner, buffet and coffee breaks. The reduced fees (student, guest, ...) does not include gala dinner (extra fee 50€). Special fees are available for industrial sponsorship and exhibitions.
- A paper will not be included in the conference proceedings if the author does not register to the conference before 10th May 2017.
The accepted papers will be collected and published online in the webpage available for the Conference but only the papers presented at the Conference will be reviewed and published in the Proceedings, which will be abstracted and indexed in Scopus, Ei Compendex and EBSCO. The proceedings will be available at the conference in digital format (USB stick). Authors of high quality papers will be invited to submit their work in a completed, extended form for peer review and publication in major journals, in particular in the Int. J. of Heat and Technology (IJHT link: http://www.iieta.org/Journals/IJHT ), on Energy and Environment and on Thermal Scinece and engineering Progress.
AIGE-IIETA 2017 AWARDS
5 special Certificates of Merit for young researchers will be assigned during the Conference
Results must be presented by the candidate in a work (oral or poster sessions) at the conference.
AIGE (Italian Association of Energy Management) and IIETA (International Information Technology and Engineering Association) on the occasion of the 2nd AIGE -IIETA 2017 International Conference and 11th AIGE 2017 National Conference on "Energy Conversion, Management, Recovery, Saving, Storage and Renewable Systems" to be held in Genoa (Italy), on 12-13 June 2017, to encourage and support studies and research in the energy sector and in particular on management, environmental, territorial and socio-economic related to consumption energy, offers 5 AWARD CERTIFICATES OF MERIT, to be devoted to young graduates, PhD students and young researchers who have carried out significant research work on the conference issues and present their results at the conference.
Requirements and selection process
- Awards are reserved to young graduates, PhD students, post doctoral fellows and young researchers, provided they are under 32 years old.
- All young researchers can apply for the Award, sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: AIGE-IIETA 2017 AWARDs. The application e-mail must include: paper title, Name and surname of the candidate, his/her academic position, the date of birth, the statement that the candidate will present personally (be it in oral or poster form) the paper at the conference.
- Results are to be presented personally by the candidate, in oral or poster sessions, with a paper at the conference.
- The Awards will be assigned to the young participants by means of an evaluation performed during the conference by an Award Board including AIGE President (Prof. Enrico Lorenzini), AIGE vice- President (Prof. Oronzio Manca) and Conference Chairs (Prof. Luca A. Tagliafico and Prof. Mark Magennis), based on the quality of the paper, the relevance of the subject and the quality of presentation (be it oral or poster).
- The AWARD Certificates will be delivered to the winners in a short ceremony to be held during the conference.