Two-speed dual-clutch transmission (DCT) is an ideal transmission mode for electric vehicles. After analysing the power transmission system of electric vehicles installed with two-speed DCT, this paper constructs the lever spring model of dual dry clutch, torque transmission model of friction plate, and clutch actuator model, and utilizes the models to identify the relationship between torque transmission and release bearing displacement of the clutch. According to the nonlinear features of the clutch, the author proposed the strategy of clutch displacement servo control under the inspiration of single-neuron adaptive PID compensation, which improves clutch control accuracy by intelligent compensation based on mathematical model control. Finally, an actual vehicle test was carried out to verify the effectiveness of the proposed strategy. Suffice it to say that the study provides a reference for the control of electric vehicle transmission system.
Electric vehicles, Dual-clutch transmission (DCT), Proportional flow control valve, Single-neuron adaptive PID control.
Supported by Major Program of National Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions of China (13KJA580001), Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province(BK20150515), Scientific Research Starting Foundation for the senior of Jiangsu university(14JDG155).
1. F. Chiara, M.A. Canova, Review of energy consumption, management, and recovery in automotive systems, with considerations of future trends, 2013, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, vol. 227, no. 6, pp. 914-936.
2. I.A. Nienhueser, Y. Qiu, Economic and environmental impacts of providing renewable energy for electric vehicle charging- A choice experiment study, 2016, Applied Energy, vol. 180, pp. 256-268.
3. Z. Rezvani, J. Jansson, J. Bodin, Advances in consumer electric vehicle adoption research: A review and research agenda, 2015, Transportation research part D: Transport and Environment, vol. 34, pp. 218-232.
4. M.S. Kumar, S.T. Revankar, Development scheme and key technology of an electric vehicle: An overview, 2017, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 70, pp. 1266-1258.
5. L.D. Novellis, A.S.P. Gruber, Design and comparison of the handling performance of different electric vehicle layouts, 2014, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, vol. 228, no. 2, pp. 218-232.
6. M. Ehsani, Y. Gao, A. Emadi, Modern electric, hybrid electric, and fuel cell vehicles: fundamentals, theory, and design, 2009, CRC Press.
7. D.T. Qin, B.H. Zhou, M.H. Hu, J.J. Hu, X. Wang, Parameters design of powertrain system of electric vehicle with two-speed gearbox, 2011, Journal of Chongqing University, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 1-6.
8. F.D. Nicola, A. Sorniotti, T. Holdstock, F. Viotto, S. Bertolotto, Optimization of a multiple-speed transmission for downsizing the motor of a fully electric vehicle, 2012, SAE International Journal of Alternative Powertrains, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 134-143.
9. T. Hofman, C.H. Dai, Energy efficiency analysis and comparison of transmission technologies for an electric vehicle, 2010, IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, Lille, France, pp. 1-6.
10. Q. Ren, D.A. Crolla, A. Morris, Effect of transmission design on electric vehicle (EV) performance, 2009, IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, Michigan, USA, pp. 1260-1265.
11. Z. Jing, C. Fu, N. Gan, Matching Design and Simulation of Electric Vehicle's Powertrain, 2013, Chinese Journal of Automotive Engineering, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 54-58.
12. A. Sorniotti, S. Subramanyan, A. Turner, C. Cavallino, F. Viotto, Selection of the optimal gearbox layout for an electric vehicle, 2011, SAE International Journal of Commercial Vehicles, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1267-1280.
13. X. Zhou, Study of drag torque in a two-speed dual clutch transmission electric vehicle powertrain system, 2014, Sydney: University of Technology Sydney.
14. Y. Wang, E. Lü, H. Lu, N. Zhang, X. Zhou, Comprehensive design and optimization of an electric vehicle powertrain equipped with a two-speed dual-clutch transmission, 2017, Advances in Mechanical Engineering, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 1-13.
15. S. Hong, H. Son, S. Lee, J. Park, K. Kim, Shift control of a dry-type two-speed dual-clutch transmission for an electric vehicle, 2016, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, vol. 230, no. 3, pp. 308-321.
16. B. Zhu, N. Zhang, P. Walker, W. Zhan, X. Zhou, Two-speed DCT electric powertrain shifting control and rig testing, 2013, Advances in Mechanical Engineering, vol. 2013, pp. 1-10.