For every organization, department of human resource plays very important role as it can select right personnel who can render quality service to the clients of organization thereby giving competitive advantage to it. Hence selection process should be designed by considering various criteria as per choice of employer for selecting best employee for particular post in an organization. In this paper, various selection criteria have been decided for the post of manager and cashier in private bank with the integration of AHP methodology and fuzzy multi-objective linear programming model; selection of best employee for these posts has been made. It was observed that AHP-FLP model is more relevant than AHP method for the selection of employee in bank.
Analytic hierarchy process, Fuzzy multi objective linear programming model, Human resource.
1. Abu Zafar Mahmudul Haq, Recruitment and Selection of the Dhaka Bank Ltd. in Bangladesh, 2015, Current Research Journal of Commerce and Management, vol. 1, no. 1.
2. Aggarwal Remica, Selection of IT Personnel through Hybrid Multi-attribute AHP-FLP approach, 2013, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering, vol. 2, no. 6.
3. Arindam Chaudhuri, Kajal De, Fuzzy multi-objective linear programming for traveling salesman problem, 2011, African Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science Research, vol. 4, no. 2, 64-70.
4. Beena T. Balan, Solving Multi-Objective Fuzzy Linear Optimization Problem Using Fuzzy Programming Technique, 2016, IOSR Journal of Mathematics, pp. 18-21.
5. Rimjhim Gupta, Tanuja Jain, Role of recruitment & selection policies in central co-operative banks, 2014, International Monthly Refereed Journal of Research in Management & Technology, vol. 3.
6. H. J. Zimmermann, Fuzzy programming and linear programming with several objective functions, 1978, Fuzzy sets and System, pp. 45-55.
7. Karmaker C. L., M. Saha, Teachers’ recruitment process via MCDM methods: A case study in Bangladesh, 2015, Management Science Letters, vol. 5, pp. 749–766.
8. Kiruthiga M. and Loganathan C., Fuzzy multi-objective linear programming problem using fuzzy programming model, 2015, International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research, vol. 4, no. 7.
9. Kousalya P., G. Mahender Reddy, S. Supraja, V. Shyam Prasad, Analytical Hierarchy Process approach – An application of engineering education, 2012, Mathematica Aeterna, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 861–878.
10. Misha Lovrich, Sonja Petrovic-Lazarevic & Bruce Brown, A fuzzy approach to Personnel selection, 1999, Monash University, Faculty of Business and Economics.
11. Pin-Chang Chen, A Fuzzy Multiple Criteria Decision Making Model in Employee Recruitment, 2009, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, vol. 9, no. 7.
12. Ramadan Krebish Ablhamid, Budi Santoso, M. Aziz Muslim, Decision Making and Evaluation System for Employee Recruitment Using Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process, 2013, International Refereed Journal of Engineering and Science, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 24-31.
13. R. G. Bellman, L. A. Zadeh, Decision making in fuzzy environment, 1970, Management Science, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 141-164.
14. Syamala Devi Bhoganadam, Dasaraju Srinivasa Rao, A study on recruitment and selection process of sai global yarntex (India) private limited, 2014, International Journal of Management Research & Review, vol. 4, no. 10, Article No-5, pp. 996-1006.
15. Turkay Dereli, Alptekin Durmuşoğlu, Serap Ulusam Seçkiner, Nevra Avlanmaz, A fuzzy approach for personnel selection process, 2010, Turkish Journal of Fuzzy Systems, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 126-140.
16. Varmazyar Mohsen, Behrouz Nouri, A fuzzy AHP approach for employee recruitment, 2014, Decision Science Letters, vol. 3, pp. 27–36.
17. C. Veeramani, C. Duraisamy, A. Nagoorgani, Solving fuzzy multi-objective linear programming problems with linear membership functions, 2011, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, vol. 5, no. 8.
18. Zvonko Sajfert, Predrag Atanaskovic, Dragan Pamucar, Milan Nikolic, Application of fuzzy logic into process of decision making regarding selection of managers, 2012, African Journal of Business Management, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 3221-3233.
19. Saaty T. L., The Analytic Hierarchy Process, 1980, New York: McGraw-Hill.
20. Zadeh L. A., Fuzzy Sets Information and Control, 1965.