Taking the Chinese SMEs as examples, this paper uses the Balanced Scorecard, the D&M model and the financial evaluation model to construct the evaluation index system for the E-commerce implementation performance of small and medium-sized enterprises centering on the financial dimension, customer dimension and organizational dimension, and further explore the E-commerce implementation effect using the structural equation model, factor analysis, and comprehensive fuzzy evaluation. Research results on one hand contribute to further promot theroetical fild of the e-commerce of small and medium-sized enterprises, and on the other hand, aiming at the practice of small and medium-sized enterprises, the researches provide theoretical support and concrete technical means for the evaluation of the effect of e-commerce of small and medium-sized enterprises. Meanwhile, this paper provides specific and feasible decision-making basis for the management and implementation of e-commerce to numerous small and medium-sized enterprises.
Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises, E-Commerce, Implementation Effect Evaluation, SEM, Comprehensive Fuzzy Evaluation.
This research was financially supported by Humanities and Social Sciences of Ministry of Education Planning Fund (Grant No.15YJA630018), Humanities and Social Science Foundation for Youth of Ministry of Education (Grant No. 15YJC790131) and Research Funds for Tianjin University of Technology and Education (Grant No. SKY15-03).
1. W.H. Delone, E.R. Mclean, The Delone and Mclean model of information system success: A ten-year update, 2003, Journal of Management Information Systems, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 9-30.
2. S. Elahi, A. Hassanzdeh, A framework for evaluating electronic commerce adoption in Iranian companies, 2009, International Journal of Information Management, vol. 29, pp. 26-36.
3. J. Wang, H.G. Li, Construction of Evaluation index system of e-commerce service enterprise’s performance, 2014, Technology Economics, vol. 6, pp. 32-37.
4. Y. Feng, Evaluation on e-commerce implementation effect for small and medium-sized enterprises, 2011, Science and Technology Management Research, vol. 22, pp. 195-199.
5. X.J. Wang, Construction of evaluation index system of e-commerce service enterprise’s performance, 2014, Technology Economics, vol.6, pp.32-37.
6. R.J. Cai, Evolution system of performance of e-commerce based on EVA, 2013, Journal of E-Commerce, vol. 11, pp. 51-52.
7. J. Zhao, Z. Zhu, F. Wang, The model for evaluating e-business performance based on value-creation process, 2010, Journal of Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, vol. 1, pp. 17-24.
8. L.P. Wang, Evaluation on e-commerce for small and medium-sized enterprises, 2014, Journal of E-commerce, vol. 5, pp. 67-69.
9. E. Abrahamson, Institutional and competitive brand wagons: Using mathematical modeling as a tool to explore innovation diffusion, 1993, Academy of Management Review, vol. 183, pp. 487-501.
10. R.P. Bagozzi, Y. Yi, Research on the evaluation of structural equation models, 1988, Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, vol. 16, pp. 74-94.
11. W.O. Bearden, E. Jesse, Sample size effects on chi square and other statistics used in evaluating causal models, 1982, Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 11, pp. 425-430.
12. J. Mehrtens, P.B. Cragg, A.M. Mills, A model of internet adoption by SMEs, 2001, Information and Management, vol. 39, pp. 165-176.
13. J.R. Ullman, Structural equation modeling: Reviewing the basics and moving forward, 2006, Journal of Personality Assessment, vol. 87, pp. 35–50.
14. X.H. Xue, Y. Lei, Method of parallel system performance evaluation based on multi-level fuzzy synthetic evaluation model, 2011, Advanced Materials Research, vol. 201, pp. 1359.